Leading sustainable production
Viridis means ‘green’ in Latin and this encapsulates our primary focus of growing crops and environmental focus. Our purpose is simple; we grow better crops for a better future.
The fundamentals of high yielding and greener, more efficient production involve adopting new technology and embracing best practice precision farming techniques to achieve environmental benefits, while maximising soil health and productivity.
The graphic element of our brandmark is a trio of elements symbolising people, profits and environments.
These are the three pillars of sustainability, and all three are needed to provide a stable platform. They are strengthened through innovation and continuous improvement.
Performance with positive long term impact
Our objective is to deliver real sustainability not only on-property, but throughout the industry and the global supply chain. We seek to do this through innovation, benchmarking and influencing farm production systems and post-farm gate initiatives. Reduced energy and emissions are key performance indicators across our businesses’ activities.
We are committed to:
- Researching, developing, collaboration, and exhibiting leading sustainable agriculture in Australia;
- Benchmarking best practice productivity and performance measures on-farm;
- Financial performance in line with shareholder expectations; and
- Being recognised as a valuable member of local communities.
Adhering to best practice
Viridis Ag’s ethos is to embrace modern farming practices, leverage technology and attract great people sharing similar values and passion.
The fundamentals of greener, more efficient production involves the adoption of the latest available technology utilising GPS guidance and advanced soil science and plant nutrition knowledge.
Such techniques can maximise yields and pay off in energy efficiency and reduced carbon emissions. Precision farming techniques achieve environmental benefits while maximising soil health and productivity.
Adapt and Innovate
Viridis Ag’s focus is to innovate and improve our operations and ultimately drive industry change for the better. This constant adaption covers all areas of operations:
- Build – systems, culture and portfolio
- Sustainable – people, profits and environments
- Innovate – constant improvement in all aspects of operations
- Profitable – positive return on investment within the portfolio, and beyond the farm gate.
Viridis Ag is supported by one of Australia’s largest agricultural fund managers, Macquarie Agricultural Funds Management.